Join us for a truly unique experience and celebration on the steps of the National Archives. Want to see what the celebration is all about? Check out our 2018 celebrations here!
July 4th at the National Archives
Schedule8 AM - 9:30 AM
July 4th T-Shirts and American flags handed out to the first 1,000 guests
9 AM - 9:45 AM
Live musical performance by The Experience Band & Show (Formerly known as Brass Connections)
10 AM - 11:05 AM
Declaration of Independence Reading Ceremony, including:
- Greetings from Allison Seymour, Fox 5 News Anchor
- Presentation of colors by the Continental Color Guard*
- National Anthem by Crystal Mosser
- Performance by the 3rd U.S. Infantry “The Old Guard” Fife and Drum Corps*
- Remarks by David S. Ferriero, Archivist of the United States
- Keynote speech by Cokie Roberts - Author and Journalist
- Dramatic reading of the Declaration of Independence by reenactors portraying historical characters, including Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Abigail Adams, John Dunlap, John Hancock, and Ned Hector
- Performance of "America the Beautiful" by Caleb Green
11:10 AM - 11:40 AM
Live musical performance by The Experience Band & Show
National Independence Day Parade on Constitution Avenue
Other Activities11 AM - 4 PM
Family Day Activities in the Boeing Learning Center including creating colonial-style wigs, Decaring Indpendence scavenger hunt, signing the Declaration of Independence and more!
National Archives Store TentDon't miss your chance to grab some patriotic gear from our exclusive collection! The National Archives Store will have a tent on the front lawn the following days:
- July 3: 11 AM - 4:30 PM
- July 4: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- July 5: 10:30 AM - 3 PM
Can't make it to the tent? Shop online!
Members: Don’t forget - your membership card guarantees you priority access to the National Archives Museum all day, every day! Not yet a member? Join today!